- Only for NGOs with computers with WIFI
- The computers and WIFI are available to the students for use for atleast 1 hour per day
We can start with 5 candidates with about 1 hr of work per day per candidate. This will involve using their computer skills and English Comprehension. We will start with pdf and notepad and move on to Excel, Word and browser.
Payment will be based on units of work completed and not on the number of hours. There will be different kinds of work. The work outlined below is given as an example.
- Work will be allocated in Lots with defined timelines and specified number of units of work.
- A unit of work involves moving content from a pdf to a webpage.
- The process involves 5 stages and SEN get approx Rs.35 for all the 5 stages.
- SEN proposes to share the first 2 stages to Skill Building Centre students and will be a paid skill building work and learn program.
- SEN will share Rs.10 each for first 2 stages for each unit of work.
- Skill Building Centre can pay 70% of the amount to the candidate and retain 30% towards support activities.
The Skill Building Centre students can start with 1 hour per day for 5 days per week. One coordinator would need to be appointed by Skill Building Centre to coordinate with SEN and this coordinator would need to be the point of reporting and to be reviewed before the student’ work is submitted.
Guidelines and training will be provided to the coordinator and the first batch of students by SEN for a token payment of Rs.500. SEN will not charge any penalties and work allocated would get paid. Follow on work would be based on quality of delivery. Precision is important. The SEN approach will allow the Skill Building Centre students to apply their learning on basic computer skills and English language in a graded manner and earn.
The students can go to next level task based on successful mastering of current level. Students can thus learn at their own pace. It has been SEN’s customer observation that female candidates on an average perform better than Male candidates. Thus it is important for special review to be done for output from male candidates.
Takeaways for participating students will be
- Improved understanding of English
- Improved familiarity with computers
- Improved knowledge of computer applications like MS Office, pdf, notepad and browsers
- Better understanding the importance of diligence towards work
- Familiarity with office reporting mechanisms including emails, online communications etc.
- Basic level training towards work at BPOs
- Opportunities for self employment by data entry, data processing and data validation work.
Kindly note these programs are meant for students and tailored in such a way that their learning is enhanced through actual work. The payment is not to be equated with salary and is provided as encouragement for the students to earn while learning. It is suggested that the students be allowed to work for not more than 6 months after completing their studies – Regular(10th, 12th, graduation, PG) or training (skill building).